For those who want to make banking as their career option, you need to work hard to get through these competitive exams held by the concerned authorities. The candidates should start preparing right after filling the application as the bank exams are getting tougher day by day due to the change in the pattern.As the competitors are increasing, the candidates need to focus on home study more instead of moving here and there.
- You get to learn you own shortcut techniques which are not possible in a coaching institute for each and every chapter. For example, solving quantitative questions by using algebraic equations can be done only if you keep practicing at home.
The areas where you need to focus on through self-study:
- English language: Vocabulary, grammar, English usage and reading comprehension is a must.
- Numerical Ability: Arithmetic and data interpretation are one of the most important aspects. Besides, the questions on simplification and numerical series need to be practiced taking different mock tests on a regular basis along with mensuration topics.
- Reasoning ability: Syllogisms, puzzle test, mathematical inequalities, seating arrangement, blood relations, input-output and coding-decoding are the key topics and different variations must be practiced.
- Computer knowledge: keyboard shortcuts, software packages, cyber security, networking fundamentals, internet knowledge and computer hardware needs more detailed study.
- General awareness: the current affairs along with the banking awareness questions on media and book needs to be learned here. You should be quite aware of the general topics and the news.
- Firstly you need to make a time-table for regular studies. The weaker sections need to be focussed on more so that they can prepare better in that paper.
- Preparation with a stopwatch is the best way one can assess their performance based on time. You should practice enough number of questions and give mock tests in a periodic manner. This can give the evaluation and give confidence when appearing for the examination.